[Air-L] Air-L Digest, Vol 49, Issue 22

Lois Ann Scheidt lscheidt at indiana.edu
Fri Aug 22 11:52:16 PDT 2008

Hi Darren,

My impression is that most IRB's are not yet aware that there are issues
related to ToS' that might be problems for both instructional and research
uses of the sites.  At IU we (the IRB) have discussed some of the issues,
though these discussions have not yet lead to a policy.

I do think the questions that have been raised here are valid ones to
discuss in light of the sites use in a classroom.  However, I think there
are much larger issues of ToS' and research design where the discussion is
only beginning.

Lois Ann Scheidt