[Air-L] question about use of Facebook in classroom

Julie Cohen jec at law.georgetown.edu
Thu Aug 21 09:22:08 PDT 2008

Fyi the legal force of the TOS is about to be tested in the Lori Drew
prosecution (the Megan Meier suicide case) under the U.S. Computer Fraud
and Abuse Act - one element that needs to be proved is "unauthorized
access" and the prosecution's theory is that violation of the TOS made
the access to Facebook's system unauthorized.

Julie