[Air-L] Facebook and Libraries

Dan Perkel dperkel at ischool.berkeley.edu
Thu Aug 28 09:48:12 PDT 2008

Hi Gerry,
While it's not about Facebook, this may be useful information for
you. Through some poking around on public library websites this week,
specifically at teen services, I was surprised to find that there are
quite a few libraries that have MySpace pages. Seattle Public
Libraries has one for the whole system, run be teenagers who are part
of their Teen Advisors. San Francisco has something similar. Through
the Dayton (OH) public library pages I found that each branch there
has its own MySpace page and then noticed that other branches in
other states have linked to those. This brief tour took me from
Dayton, to Maine, to Denver. Anyhow, thought this might interest you,
and anyone else on this list who may have interests. Feel free to
forward along to the other lists that you put on your email.

Regards,

Dan

Dan Perkel
PhD Candidate, School of Information