[Air-L] Tagging @ Sub-Document Level(s)?

Terrell Russell terrellrussell at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 11:19:20 PDT 2008

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] wrote:
> Colleagues/
>
> Are you aware of any current applications/technologies that allows one to Tag a document at the **Paragraph** (or Chapter) level? (and Not Only At The Document Level)?
>
> I am also interested Tag Cloud technologies that allows for the visualization of Tags associated with selected
> Paragraphs (or Book Chapters or Other Formal Parts Of A Work).

One of the projects in the Augmented Social Cognition group here at PARC
is called SparTag.us.  It sports paragraph level tagging.  You can read
more about it (and watch a video) in Ed Chi's blog post.

http://asc-parc.blogspot.com/2008/06/spartagus-and-click2tag-lowering.html

The last paragraph reads:

"For more detail about the system we built, here is the reference:

Lichan Hong, Ed H. Chi, Raluca Budiu, Peter Pirolli, and Les Nelson.
SparTag.us: Low Cost Tagging System for Foraging of Web Content.
In Proceedings of the Advanced Visual Interface (AVI2008),
pp. 65--72. ACM Press, 2008."

Terrell