[Air-L] Social Presence Theory - latest studies?

Christian Nelson xianknelson at mac.com
Mon Dec 8 14:24:50 PST 2008

That's right, except that the earliest research in the tradition I
mentioned was about TV phenomena, if memory serves. Lombard and
Ditton's piece should be checked to confirm this. And I wouldn't be
surprised to learn that they're now looking at the same issues of
(tele)presence (they use both words) they've uncovered to analyze
mobile presence. But clearly, they aren't the only people looking at
mobile presence.
--Christian