[Air-L] Evolution of the Wikipedia page on the attacks in, Mumbai

Barry Saunders b.saunders at qut.edu.au
Wed Dec 3 23:25:18 PST 2008

They did that during the APEC visit in Sydney. Future's already here, suppressing your dissent.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/NATIONAL/Mobiles-to-drop-out-during-Bush-visit/2007/05/16/1178995171116.html

Long-term, one can easily imagine certain locations having mobile-phone
jamming devices - I think they exist in some cinemas already, and I can
imagine some lecturers wouldn't mind having them in lecture halls :) On the
downside, they could also be used very effectively to disrupt dissent and
mobilisation - one can imagine the Burmese authorities would love to get
their hands on something like that.

Cheers,

Julian