[Air-L] percentage of Internet access?

Frank Thomas news.ftr at free.fr
Sun Dec 14 11:37:03 PST 2008

Hi Rich,
The only data on mobile phones I know of on the Eurostat website is the
number and the rate of mobile phone subscriptions per 100 inh. by
country, 1995 to 2006. Norway starts in 1991 with a mobile phone density
rate of 5%, 2006 of 109%.
Is this what you look for? Ownership rates by sociodemographic groups on
an annual cross-country basis are only provided by Eurobarometer
surveys. But I guess they are less reliable than the surveys of
Eurostat's annual TELECOM inquiry to the National Statistical Institutes.

Cordialement
Frank Thomas