[Air-L] AoIR 2008... no, its 'Internet Research 9.0'

Charles Ess cmess at drury.edu
Fri Feb 1 10:37:26 PST 2008

> Just for reference:
>
> The conference is 'Internet Research:'  the annual conference of the
> association of internet researchers.  Brand does matter, we've already
> lost any claim to the journal 'internet research', let's try to stay
> 'on brand' more with the conference name.
>
> jeremy

Thanks, Jeremy - exactly right for exactly the right reasons.

At the same time, in fairness to those who (like me, until helpfully
corrected last fall) find it easier to use "AoIR 2008" rather than IR 9.0 -
I must confess that despite being at the first AoIR / IR 1.0 conference and
all of their successors, I'm just sorta now getting it...

So reminders like this are helpful!

see you in Copenhagen (and Aarhus!)
- c.

Distinguished Research Professor,
Interdisciplinary Studies Center <http://www.drury.edu/gp21>
Drury University
Springfield, MO  65802  USA

President, Association of Internet Researchers <www.aoir.org>
Co-Editor, International Journal of Internet Research Ethics
http://www.uwm.edu/Dept/SOIS/cipr/ijire.html
Co-chair, CATaC conferences <www.catacconference.org>
Professor II, Globalization and Applied Ethics Programmes
<http://www.anvendtetikk.ntnu.no/pres/bridgingcultures.php>

Exemplary persons seek harmony, not sameness. -- Analects 13.23