[Air-L] open-access is the future: boycott locked-down academic journals

Martin Garthwaite marting at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 00:29:49 PST 2008

Danah,

You're certainly not crazy, I currently have no plans for an academic career
when I finish my PhD, but I would challenge the concept of free labour.
Surely publishing papers in respected journals is an investment in your
career. Quality of papers not quantity I'm guessing is the goal for most?

Martin