[Air-L] What journals for me?

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 8 23:14:08 PST 2008

Sorry if you do not have time for this just delete it. This is not
directly about net research.

Seems logical for me to ask at this point in this list's history for
suggestions on what to read in terms of journals to prepare for a
thesis but more so for a place to write.

I find myself a member of AOIR and the Canadian Mathematics Society.

My thesis is not officially started but my boss Leroy Stone a 30 year
veteran of sociology wants me to look at the baby boom retiring and
taking their operation knowledge out the door at our workplace.

Right now I am doing a text search of some documents.

My program is systems science, my back ground is in critical legal
studies, statistics, geography and I have been reading since 1997 out
from a core of QA76.9 social impact of computing studies through
sociology of science and tech stopping in on hacking laws and reading
about gender and computing. I have read many of the senior scholars
on this list so would respect your advice.

I am probably going to simulate my workplace either as workers moving
around in and out or as knowledges in this case statistical
knowledges moving in and out.

any advice taken

Peter Timusk B.Math(2002) BA (2006)
Tel: 001-613-729-8328
Community Informatics Practitioner
Email: ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Yahoo ID: crystal_computing
Skype ID: peter.timusk

Nothing I write is intended to be representative of my employer, or
our clients. Nor do I alone speak for my unions.

Feel free to learn more about me at www.crystalcomputing.net
Computer ethics studies at www.webpagex.org
blogs http://logbook.crystalcomputing.net <- computers
http://notebook.webpagex.org <- school work