[Air-L] open-access is the future: boycott locked-down academic journals

Han-Teng Liao (OII) han-teng.liao at oii.ox.ac.uk
Sun Feb 10 01:18:55 PST 2008

Calm down. We have witnessed patronising in the old print world and
trolling in the new Internet world.  I am not suggesting that we have
the problems here in this list, but it upsets me if it turned out to be so.

Should we cool it off for a few days and re-continue with what's
valuable and possible, without draining the most precious resources we
invest into this list: attention and willing to respond?