[Air-L] Taxonomy of Social Network Services

Christophe Prieur christophe.prieur at liafa.jussieu.fr
Tue Feb 19 01:28:54 PST 2008

I'm sure you all read French so i give you the following link :)

http://www.internetactu.net/2008/02/01/le-design-de-la-visibilite-un-essai-de-typologie-du-web-20/

The idea is to put on a map the various SNS according to two axis :
1. being / doing, from left to right
2. actual / imaginary (or something like that), from top to bottom

with five main patterns:
- paravent (cover screen ??)
- clair-obscur
- post-it
- lighthouse
- magic lantern

It's not a really seriously grounded typology for now, it's more like a
first try in order to help thinking about all this.  But i'm sure
Dominique will publish it eventually. :)

 Christophe Prieur        / prieur at liafa.jussieu.fr
 Sense, Orange Labs             / sociology of uses
 Liafa, University Paris-Diderot / graph algorithms