[Air-L] Panels and things for IR9.0

Brian Loader bl506 at york.ac.uk
Fri Feb 22 00:48:09 PST 2008

Hi everyone,

First a big thanks for the proposal submissions and a reminder that this is
the last day for proposals for papers.

Second can I apologise for any confusion over the panel proposals and
reassure everyone that no decisions have been or will be made until we have
all the proposed panels completed and in front of us for consideration. So
don't PANIC!

Now due to the limitations of the system we are using it is no longer
possible to submit a proposal and abstracts separately (although this was
not very helpful for the Brisbane conference anyway so I'm told!). So what
we would like is a "600-800 word description of the panel theme, plus
250-500 word abstract for each paper or presentation" in a single
submission. Also it is fine to include biog details in the abstract - simply
put everything in one place.

As I say we will not be making decisions over the next week or so until all
proposers of panels are happy that we have received their definitive
versions. Email me if you have any concerns but please don't get stressed.

One more reminder is that we will be notifying proposers of our decision on
31 March 2008.

Information on the workshop proposals will follow next week.

Brian D. Loader
Co-Director,
Social Informatics Research Unit (SIRU),
Department of Sociology,
Wentworth College,
University of York,
Heslington,