[Air-L] Content Analysis for Web Discussion Boards

Anatoliy Gruzd agruzd2 at uiuc.edu
Wed Feb 13 19:47:03 PST 2008

Dear Professor Nielsen,

Professor Caroline Haythornthwaite <haythorn at uiuc.edu> and I are currently using automated content analysis to analyze bulletin board postings in e-learning communities. Below are couple of our papers that may be of interest to you.
As part of this work, I'm also developing a web-based system called Internet Community Text Analyzer (ICTA) for the automated analysis of large size textual data such as bulletin board postings. It's only a prototype at this point, but if you're interested to try it, please email me at agruzd2 at uiuc.edu and I can provide you access to the system.

Haythornthwaite, C. and Gruzd, A.A. (2007). A Noun Phrase Analysis Tool for Mining Online Community. In the Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Communities and Technologies, Michigan State University. Available at  http://www.iisi.de/fileadmin/IISI/upload/C_T/2007/Haythornthwaite.pdf

Gruzd, A. and Haythornthwaite, C. (2008). Automated Discovery and Analysis of Social Networks from Threaded Discussions. Paper presented at the International Network of Social Network Analysts, St. Pete Beach, FL, USA. Available at http://tinyurl.com/3xsdyu

-Anatoliy

Anatoliy Gruzd
PhD Student
agruzd2 at uiuc.edu