[Air-L] Methods question

Imam Ardhianto imam.ardhianto at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 04:05:10 PST 2008

Derek,

In my bachelor thesis (I'm majoring in Anthropology, studying the
implications of CMC in hackers identity), there was  variant in explaining
the unique context of human-machine interactions. I'm classifying the
problem of CMC methods according to the variations of time-duration and the
possibilities of ambiguity. Real time and not quite real time context of
communications. I'm suggest to not reduce the possibilities of unique CMC
findings with the questionnaire..ethnographic approach toward the CMC, would
be interesting if we want to elaborate the possibilities of richness insight
in relations with IM Interactions, especially if related with the
time-durations and ambiguity of CMC mode of social relationships. Chris Mann
writings (Qualitative Research in Internet Communications), or Christine
Hine, Virtual Ethnography was the book i referred in my study.

Regards
Imam Ardhianto (Imam.Ardhianto at Gmail.com)
Staff
Center of Anthropology Studies
University of Indonesia