[Air-L] open-access is the future: boycott locked-down academic journals

Jason Wilson jason_a_wilson at yahoo.com.au
Thu Feb 7 01:48:57 PST 2008

Hi all,

As someone involved with the journal danah singles out, I've responded to this on danah's blog, and reposted on a group blog I'm involved with.

To cut and paste the response would be too large for the list's size limits. Suffice to say that I found this assessment of academic publishing as simplistic as I did the first time I heard these ideas, many years ago.

I think anyone who is in new media studies, and who has had good experiences with academic publishing, should join this debate. It certainly feels important to me.

Dr Jason Wilson
Research Associate
Queensland University of Technology
Brisbane