[Air-L] FW: Call for Papers: THE POLITICAL ECONOMY OF ACADEMIC JOURNAL PUBLISHING

Christian Fuchs christian.fuchs at sbg.ac.at
Fri Feb 8 06:59:56 PST 2008

--
_____________________________
Univ.Ass. Dr. Christian Fuchs
christian.fuchs at sbg.ac.at
Phone +43 662 8044 4823
Fax   +43 662 6389 4800
Information-Society-Technology:
http://fuchs.icts.sbg.ac.at
http://www.icts.uni-salzburg.at/fuchs/
Co-Editor of tripleC - peer reviewed open access
online journal for the foundations of information science:
http://triplec.uti.at
New Book: Fuchs, Christian. 2008. Internet and Society: Social Theory in the Information Age. New York: Routledge. 408 Pages.
http://fuchs.icts.sbg.ac.at/i&s.html
http://www.routledge.com/shopping_cart/products/product_detail.asp?sku=&isbn=9780415961325&pc=

"It is the duty of the press to come forward on behalf of the oppressed in its immediate neighbourhood" (Karl Marx)

"two contradictory hypotheses: (1) that advanced (...) society is capable of containing qualitative change for the foreseeable future; (2) that forces and tendencies exist which may break this containment and explode the society" (Herbert Marcuse).