[Air-L] SciTechNet(sm): Science and Technology Social Networking Services

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck at iastate.edu
Sat Feb 9 18:19:45 PST 2008

***APOLOGIES FOR RECEIPT OF DUPLICATE POSTINGS***
Colleagues/

In addition to my _Scholarship 2.0_ blog [ http://scholarship20.blogspot.com/ ],

I have a blog  titled _SciTechNet(sm): Science and Technology Social Networking Services_.

SciTechNet(sm) is devoted to "describing and documenting online social networking services in the Sciences and Technology" and is located at

[ http://scitechnet.blogspot.com/ ]

Postings include:

>PLoS ONE: A Post-Publication-Peer-Reviewed-Open-Access-E-Journal

PLoS ONE is an international, peer-reviewed, open-access, online journal." It "features reports of primary research from all disciplines within science and medicine. By not excluding papers on the basis of subject area, PLoS ONE facilitates the discovery of the connections between papers whether within or between disciplines."

"Each submission will be assessed by a member of the PLoS ONE Editorial Board before publication. This pre-publication peer review will concentrate on technical rather than subjective concerns and may involve discussion with other members of the Editorial Board and/or the solicitation of formal reports from independent referees.

>>If published, papers will be made available for community-based open peer review involving online annotation, discussion, and rating" <<

"PLoS ONE will publish all papers that are judged to be rigorous and technically sound. Papers published in PLoS ONE will be available for commenting and debate by the readers, making every paper the start of a scientific conversation." "Judgments about the importance of any particular paper are then made after publication" [http://www.plosone.org/static/whypublish.action].

[ http://scitechnet.blogspot.com/2007/12/plos-one-post-publication-peer-reviewed.html]

>> 2collab
>>2collab Formally Launched
>>2collab Video (Beta)

>chemistry.org/exchange

>Nature Network

Nominations Of Other SciTech Networks For The SciTechNet(sm) Blog Are Most Welcome!

Regards,

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

There is Nothing More Powerful Than  An Idea Whose Time Has Come
Victor Hugo
[ http://www.blogger.com/profile/09093368136660604490 ]

Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows ...
[ http://www.alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/ ]