[Air-L] CFP - Doctoral Colloquium 2008, pre- Internet Research 9.0 conference

Lisbeth Klastrup klastrup at itu.dk
Wed Feb 13 08:55:36 PST 2008

Dear all,
Greetings from the IR9 (conferences.aoir.org) conference chair:
I'm very pleased to announce that Professor Klaus Bruhn Jensen will be
organising this year's Doctoral Colloquium in relation to the Internet
Research 9.0 conference. The colloquium, which is sponsored by Danish
National Research School for Media, Communication,and Journalism,  will take
place on Wednesday October 15th at the IT University of Copenhagen (at which
the conference also take place). Further details below!

Best
Lisbeth Klastrup

Please circulate :)

**************************************************:::
Call for Participation

Doctoral Colloquium
Association of Internet Researchers (A.o.I.R) Annual Conference 2008
Internet Research 9.0
Copenhagen, Denmark
===================

The Internet Research 9.0 Doctoral Colloquium offers Ph.D. students
working in internet research or a related field a special forum on
Wednesday,October 15, 2008 where they will have a chance to briefly
present their dissertations-in-progress and discuss them at length
with peers and established senior researchers. Interested students
should prepare a two page summary of their research. This should
provide a context for the research, describe the methods being used,
the progress to date, and expectations and hopes from the colloquium.

Faculty mentors include:
Axel Bruns, Australia
Sue Fragoso, Brazil
Alex Halavais, USA
Caroline Haythornthwaite, USA

We hope to announce additional mentors shortly.

SUBMISSION/PARTICIPATION
Please submit the two page application by Friday, May 23, 2008 to:
Klaus Bruhn Jensen : kbj at hum.ku.dk.

Applicants will be notified of acceptance by June 15, 2008. Successful
applicants will be asked to
prepare an eight page paper on their research and the issues they wish to
discuss by August 15, 2008.

For further details, please visit the doctoral colloquium webpage at
http://conferences.aoir.org/dc.html
or contact the organizer of the Doctoral Colloquium, Klaus Bruhn Jensen :
kbj at hum.ku.dk

The Internet Research 9.0 Doctoral Colloquium is sponsored by the Danish