[Air-L] Most popular sites

Heath Row kalel at well.com
Tue Feb 5 07:54:19 PST 2008

I'd say that Alexa's good for comparing Web sites on a relative basis,
but that it's not good for hard numbers. Also, as others have
mentioned, their methodology allows for some questioning.

According to comScore, which includes a Community/Religion category in
their Key Measures report, the top 10 religion sites in December 2007
were

* Beliefnet Network
* Salem Web Network
* CHRISTIANBOOK.COM
* About.com Religion
* LDS.ORG
* THEINTERVIEWWITHGOD.COM
* CHRISTIANITYTODAY.COM
* CHRISTIANET.COM
* CSMONITOR.COM
* GOSPELCOM.NET

That list includes many non-community sites, so I'd consider it an OK
approach to looking at religion-oriented publishers online.

Turning to Nielsen//NetRatings, AdRelevance doesn't offer a similar
"genre," but you could check individual sites' ad impressions.

Both services are quite expensive and outside the budgets of most
individuals -- and they raise their own methodology questions -- but
they're where I'd turn for data.

Heath