[Air-L] Open-What?

Christian Nelson xianknelson at mac.com
Sat Feb 9 10:52:53 PST 2008

I never said successful scholars are evil. I said they weren't
stupid. Big difference. According to the logic of our society, its
stupid to give up power, to get off the gravy train (or at least
share their controls if you don't have to), etc. Let's stick to what
is stated, not to paranoid, straw man constructions of arguments.
That is what will help analysis. BTW, I also never said successful
scholars have a desire to squelch journals. They just aren't going to
flock to them. And if they don't, neither will younger scholars, who
know that they need to publish in the high status journals if they
are to get tenure and/or become upwardly mobile.