[Air-L] Canadian general warns that Wikipedia postings may be aiding the Taliban

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 15 22:53:54 PST 2008

I have no idea of what the readers think of war on this list. I do
know that AOIR rejected a conference panel on cyber security a few
years back. Not that I think we must visit the war for discussions.

I am still wondering about the only complete stranger stranger who
tried to add me as a friend on facebook who apparently was a student
in Florida who wore Arabic traditional clothing. I do not even know
if this would be normal in Florida. I wear traditional Baltic
clothing some times.

I am also still slightly concerned with photos I upload that have
apparently having changed according to dream weaver (my web mastering
software), after I have read more in depth about secret writing that
is done by hiding in the computer code that digital photos are made
of. The photos when rendered do not show the flaw but the code will
reveal the message.

Wikipedia as security threat... never heard of that before but I have
read that US libraries took city water maps out of circulation after
911 so there are precedences to this sort of statement.

I edit information about my neigbourhood on wikipedia and I am
concerned with being identified by that.

That is just the beginning of course because actually I live in a
fairly safe world generally safe from bombs and guns.

Peter who goes back to reading Cyberfeminisim in a Norther Light