[Air-L] Drawing networks tools

Ismael Peña-López ictlogist at ictlogy.net
Wed Feb 20 01:47:58 PST 2008

Dear list,

I'm trying to find a tool to draw networks and relationships between several
agents. BUT, not only want I to represent/draw it, but to be able to browse
it, move it..., USE it as a visualization tool.

I'm thinking in something the like of MindRaider
(http://mindraider.sourceforge.net/), but simpler and, if possible,
exportable to flash, so it can be embedded in websites and/or uploaded to a
web server so it can be accessed and updated remotely. For those not
familiar with MindRaider, Google TouchGraph is a good approach, though I do
not want it to set up website relationships.

The optimum to me would be Freemind (http://freemind.sourceforge.net/) with
some of MindRaider features (i.e. breaking the tree structure of Freemind).

Any ideas?

BTW, this is what I've already explored
http://ictlogy.net/wiki/index.php?title=Data_Visualization
so if you wanted to suggest one of those... well, you needn't ;))

Thanks a lot.

Best,

Ismael Peña-López
ICTlogy.net

Public Policies for Development and ICT4D
School of Law and Political Science
Open University of Catalonia