[Air-L] MEA Convention June 19-22 California (was Re: Conferences in the USA in May/June)

J Sternberg netberg at compuserve.com
Wed Feb 27 07:00:53 PST 2008

Matthew and others looking for upcoming conferences in the USA, you'd be
quite welcome at the Media Ecology Association Convention this coming
June. The original deadline for submissions has been extended and I'm
sure the MEA will try to be as flexible about last-minute submissions as
AoIR is (grin).

Regards to all,
Janet

Janet Sternberg, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor and Associate Chair
Department of Communication and Media Studies
Fordham University
Bronx, NY 10458-9993 USA
718-817-4855 voice | 718-817-4868 fax
netberg at compuserve.com
jsternberg at fordham.edu
Executive Secretary, Media Ecology Association
http://www.media-ecology.org

-------------
9th Annual Media Ecology Association Convention
Santa Clara University,
Santa Clara, CA
June 19-22, 2008
"Communication, Technology, and the Sacred"

How have communication, information, and entertainment technologies and
the larger media world altered our experiences of the sacred?

Keynote Speaker:
Frank Dance
Plenary Speakers:
Joshua Meyrowitz
J. D. Lasica
Fritjof Capra
Leonard Shlain

Papers and panel proposals should address the themes of media ecology;
while they need not address the convention theme, those that do will
receive priority in scheduling.

Send one copy of abstracts, papers, panels, or proposals electronically
to either of the convention coordinators:

Anne Pym, Ph.D. (anne.pym at csueastbay.edu) Cal State Univ., East Bay
Paul Soukup, S.J. (Psoukup at scu.edu) Santa Clara University

Deadline: February 29, 2008