[Air-L] yet another panel call for IR 9.0 :-)

Kimberly De Vries kdevries at csustan.edu
Sun Feb 3 16:24:15 PST 2008

Hi all,

I'm organizing a panel on particpatory culture, in particular how websites
like Flickr, Del.icio.us, Facebook, etc channel user behavior and encourage
contributions and other participation in their design.  In particular, they
encourage:

   - further disclosure of personal data (for marketing purposes)
   - further contributions from the user
   - recruitment of or connections with other users
   - click through to advertiser and partner sites
   - purchasing a product or membership

The panel will explore this dynamic on several levels:

   - analyzing the aesthetic syntax of the actual user interface
   - analyzing the rhetorical behavior of users through their actions and
   comments
   - analyzing the interaction of users and web designers

other ideas are welcome too, like targeting specific groups, linkages
between sites--it's open!

If you are interested, please contact me with your ideas/abstract ASAP!

Best,

Kim De Vries

--
http://else-if-then.blogspot.com