[Air-L] Collaborative Scholarly Writing By/In Digital Communities ?

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck at iastate.edu
Wed Feb 13 23:11:24 PST 2008

***APOLOGIES FOR RECEIPT OF DUPLICATE POSTINGS***

Collaborative Scholarly Writing By/In Digital Communities

Friends/

I am greatly interested in Collaborative Scholarly Writing by/in Digital Communities.

[BTW: Digital Communities Can Be Online Communities / Online Social Networks / Virtual Communities of Practice / Etc.]

A Premier Example of What I Seek Is The _Braided Learning_ E-Journal Found Within MirandaNet, A Virtual Community of Practice

"The _Braided Learning_ E-Journal provides an environment for MirandaNet fellows and others ***to develop work openly and collaboratively, sharing resources and allowing comments in the form of peer reviews and structured discussions***."

Examples of Formal As Well As Informal Collaborative Scholarly Writing (CSW) Are Of Interest.

BTW-1: I am particularly interested in CSW by undergraduate / graduate students in any Higher Education Institution, preferably within the context of a Digital Community/Environment[PARTICULARLY SCIENCE/TECHNOLOGY]

I Strongly Recommend A Visit to MirandaNet, As It Is An Outstanding Example Of A Virtual Community of Practice

[Thanks, Dr John P. Cuthell, Research and Implementation Director, MirandaNet Academy]

BTW-2: Examples Of Other Outstanding, MultiFaceted Virtual Communities Of Practice / Online Communities / Online Social Networks / Etc. Are Also Of Great Interest [PARTICULARLY SCIENCE/TECHNOLOGY]

***---PLEASE COMMENT ON THE BLOG ENTRY---*** at

For All Links And A Most Appropriate Image, Please Visit And Comment At

[ http://onlinesocialnetworks.blogspot.com/2008/02/collaborative-scholarly-writing-byin.html ]

Thanks!

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

There is Nothing More Powerful Than  An Idea Whose Time Has Come
Victor Hugo
[ http://www.blogger.com/profile/09093368136660604490 ]

Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows ...
[ http://www.alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/ ]