[Air-L] Fwd: [cpsr-global] funding for ICT research in Africa

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Fri Feb 29 08:16:46 PST 2008

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Marsha Woodbury <marsha at uiuc.edu>
> Date: February 29, 2008 9:00:14 AM CST
> To: cpsr-global at lists.cpsr.org
> Subject: [cpsr-global] funding for ICT research in Africa
>
> * IT for Change Call for Proposals *
>
> IT for Change (www.ITforChange.net) is undertaking a collaborative
> research study with support from UNDP on 'ICTs for Participatory Local
> Development', the outcomes of which will be published as a toolkit to
> develop a more systemic application of ICTs in future initiatives.
>
> We are seeking researchers or organisations from the global South to
> collaborate on this project. (Please visit
> <http://www.itforchange.net/images/call_for_proposals.pdf> for the
> Call
> for Research Proposals, and
> <http://www.itforchange.net/images/itfc_proposal_undp_local_development.pdf
> >
> for the full project proposal). Four partners will be selected to work
> alongside ITfC for the duration of the project, each of whom will
> undertake two to three in-depth case studies on ICT systems in their
> local regions.
>
> Apart from covering expenses relating to data collection (including
> fieldwork), analysis and writing up, the project also provides for the
> holding of a workshop in June 2008 where the findings will be
> discussed.
>
> At this stage we urgently seek short descriptions of potential
> candidate
> initiatives from prospective partners. The most relevant among the
> initiatives will be selected for in-depth study. Please send a maximum
> one page description at the earliest to ITfC at ITforChange.net
>
> --
> Mridula Swamy
> IT for Change - Bridging Development Realities and Technological
> Possibilities
> www.ITforChange.net
>
> Cell: +91 99800 67438
> Off: +91 80 26654134, 26536890
> Fax: +91 80 4146 1055

jeremy hunsinger
Information Ethics Fellow, Center for Information Policy Research,
School of Information Studies, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (www.cipr.uwm.edu
)

() ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\ - against microsoft attachments

http://www.aoir.org The Association of Internet Researchers
http://www.stswiki.org/ stswiki
http://cfp.learning-inquiry.info/  LI-the journal