[Air-L] Web agencies : do they even exist ?

Donna Bulford bulford at mac.com
Wed Feb 6 10:40:26 PST 2008

HI Eric,

Yes there are web agencies and lots of them ...it depends on if you mean an agency that specializes in reporting and ad serving like Digitas or an agency that actually in the old school sense of the world specializes in online creative like creating optimized or high yielding widgets or websites such as Piazza Advertising. I work with both kinds of agencies every day.
There is not a directory like there is for production companies but the
A great directory like resource to look up these types of business is the The International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences web site that you can connect to through the Webbys website.
I am not really familiar with that many studies on web agencies but Borell and Associates, a research firm did a great study on Search Advertising Companies a few years back and included a revenue study.

-db