[Air-L] Content Analysis for Web Discussion Boards

Laura B Nielsen lbn4 at georgetown.edu
Wed Feb 13 06:12:45 PST 2008

Dear Colleagues,
I am looking for reference material for use in my work at EPA. We
are planning to launch a discussion board with a limited number of
comment fields. But we also want to analyze discussion content in
order to better understand the needs and interests of our
customers--in particular those who come to EPA seeking
environmental information.

1) Have any of you been teaching about content analysis methods
lately? If so, what's your favorite reference?

2) Has anyone been working on content analysis of discussion
boards as a research method?

Laura B. Nielsen, Ph.D.
Adjunct Professor of Public Policy
Georgetown Public Policy Institute
3520 Prospect Street, Suite 308F
Washington, DC  20007
WEB http://www.georgetown.edu/faculty/lbn4/

Program Analyst
Environmental Analysis Division, MC 2842T
Office of Information Analysis and Access
Office of Environmental Information
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
(202) 566-0621