[Air-L] Drawing networks tools

Mike Bennett mike.bennett at ucd.ie
Wed Feb 20 08:38:01 PST 2008

InfoVis Cyberinfrastructure has a good list of visualisation
software, toolkits and techniques:
    http://iv.slis.indiana.edu/sw

Unfortunately many of the vis toolkits require custom programming to
create the desired visualisations. If you're happy to do some
development then Processing (http://www.processing.org) and GraphViz
(http://www.graphviz.org) are worth considering.

With Processing your visualisation can be easily embedded in a
website (via a Java applet).

I haven't used SoNIA (Social Network Image Animator) but it also may
be an option:
   http://www.stanford.edu/group/sonia

- Mike

--
Mike Bennett
PhD Candidate

Imaging, Visualisation and Graphics Lab
Systems Research Group, University College Dublin, Ireland

- email: mike.bennett at ucd.ie
- blog: http://www.user-designer.com
- web: http://www.stressbunny.com/mike