[Air-L] a common root of french theory and internet research?

David Toews dtoews at uwindsor.ca
Tue Feb 26 07:59:42 PST 2008

while I've been aware of, and highly intrigued by the convergence of
french theory and ethnographic internet research in the work of people
like Norman Denzin for some time now, this article by Celine
Lafontaine in the september issue of TCS - http://tinyurl.com/2zybdq -
is the first I've found that actually follows up Turkle's suggestion
in Life on the Screen and explicitly argues in a strong way that
french theory and cybernetics share a common matrix, or spring from
the same theoretical and philosophical problems and sources ... i
highly recommend this interesting article to anyone who likes to keep
their research theoretically-informed, and would point out to people
in general how interesting TCS is becoming these days as it gets
closer and closer to the explicit themes of many internet researchers...