[Air-L] Most popular sites

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Tue Feb 5 07:00:36 PST 2008

You have to be careful with pagerank, unless you have access to the
raw results, because google customizes results based on acct and even
domain.
On Feb 5, 2008, at 8:52 AM, Ismael Peña-López wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have personally used Google PageRank as a proxy for popularity. In
> my
> opinion, it is more inclusive - in the sense that Sarah pointed - than
> Alexa.
>
> On the other hand, PR is not an absolute ranking, so you'll need
> something
> more to compare two sites with same PR.
>
> Ismael Peña-López
> ICTlogy.net
>
> Public Policies for Development and ICT4D
> School of Law and Political Science
> Open University of Catalonia

jeremy hunsinger
Information Ethics Fellow, Center for Information Policy Research,
School of Information Studies, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (www.cipr.uwm.edu
)

wiki.tmttlt.com
www.tmttlt.com