[Air-L] Web agencies : do they even exist ?

Eric Bernard eric-listes at ak-project.com
Wed Feb 6 08:30:07 PST 2008

Dear all,
Between the raw content and the network - both heavily studied - a website
needs to be "created", by something like a web agency (which can be a single
individual, an internal department, a geek friend... whoever).
Anyway, I discover recently that - at least in the French speaking documents
- there are really few (that is... none that I know about) information about
the web agencies : what they are, how many and where they are, what they do,
how they evolve... My point is not to have a commercial point of view but
more a sociological, geographical or economical one, on this type of
stakeholders of the net development.
Concretely, I'm in West Africa. It's (almost) easy to know how many web
users are around, how many telecenters and where they are, what is the
bandwith, the number of domain names by country etc. but there is nothing
written about web agencies (or webmasters).

So does any of you know studies about web agencies (wherever in the world,
I'm more interested in the methodology) ?

Thank you by advance

Eric Bernard, Ph.D,
AK-Dev Director

AK-Project