[Air-L] Disruptive Scholarship

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck at iastate.edu
Sat Feb 9 17:09:33 PST 2008

Colleagues/

I am pleased to read the variety of recent posting about Open Access and Alternative Scholarship.

On Thanksgiving Day, November 22, 2007, I launched a new blog titled _Scholarship 2.0: An Idea Whose Time Has Come_

_Scholarship 2.0_ is devoted to describing and documenting the forms, facets, and features of alternative Web-based scholarly publishing practices. The variety of old and new metrics available for assessing the impact, significance, and value of Web-based scholarship is of particular interest.

_Scholarship 2.0_ is located at [ http://scholarship20.blogspot.com/ ]

Select postings include:

>>Establishing a Research Agenda for Scholarly Communication

>>Show Me The Data! Show Me The Data! Show Me The Data!

>>Economics: A Public Peer Reviewed e-Journal

>>ELPUB2008: Open Scholarship: Authority, Community and Sustainability in the Age of Web 2.0

>>MediaCommons: A Digital Scholarly Network

>>" ... The Times They Are A-Changin'"

>>Horizon Report 2007: New Scholarship and Emerging Forms of Publication

>>Quality Control in Scholarly Publishing on the Web

>>LAMPSS: Lots of Alternative Models Provide Sensible Solutions. I: Open Peer Review

>>Ideal Speech Situation

>>Earlier Web Usage Statistics as Predictors of Later Citation Impact

>>Peer Review Reviewed:  The International Career of a Quality-control Instrument and New Challenges

>>Authority 2.0: The New Metrics of Scholarly Authority

>>Scholarship in the Digital Age: Information, Infrastructure, and the Internet

>>Valuing Non-Traditional Vehicles of Scholarship

>>Electronic Literature Organization

>>The Promise of Authority in Social Scholarship

>>Digital Scholarship in the Tenure, Promotion, and Review Process

>>Report of the MLA Task Force on Evaluating Scholarship for Tenure and Promotion

>>Disruptive Scholarship
>>DisruptiveScholarshipModel

There is a companion Facebook group for the Scholarship 2.0 blog at

[  http://iastate.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6235744583  ]

NOTE: Nomination of Other Sites/Sources/Publications/Etc. Are Welcome!

Regards,

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

There is Nothing More Powerful Than  An Idea Whose Time Has Come
Victor Hugo
[ http://www.blogger.com/profile/09093368136660604490 ]

Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows ...
[ http://www.alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/ ]