[Air-L] do we all have asperger's?

Alexis Turner subbies at redheadedstepchild.org
Fri Feb 22 06:46:24 PST 2008

Here are the criterion for diagnosing Asperger's:
http://web.syr.edu/~rjkopp/data/as_diag_list.html

Based on the abbreviated exchange below, it would seem she was going strictly
with choice B* - "Restricted repetitive and stereotyped patterns of behaviour,
interests, and activities."  Given the current reality of specialization in work
environments, this seems a rather useless criterion taken by itself and without
support of the other diagnostic features.  We wouldn't accuse her of being
autistic merely because she is a psychiatrist and...pyschiatrizes...all day,
would we?

(Please note that, further down the page, Szatmari does not even include this
factor as a diagnostic criterion at all.)

That is not to say I haven't met people that could meet several of these
criteria, in several different fields, but I would hope she made this judgement
on other factors, as well?
-Alexis