[Air-L] With Friends Like Facebook ....

Vidar Falkenberg vidar at imv.au.dk
Thu Jan 17 23:54:16 PST 2008

Den 18.01.2008 kl. 00:43:53 skrev <air-l at listserv.aoir.org>:

> There is also the utility - at least on rare occasion - of people
> discovering and forestalling Bad Things - e.g., a school shooting - by
> poking around on FB and MS profiles ...

Hi Charles,

I enjoy (and feel slightly uncomfortable with) the current air-list
discusssion on Facebook. I don't know if this was the example you referred
to, but last week a possible school tragedy in Norway was announced on
YouTube:

http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2008/01/14/523729.html

Of course, we can't know if it would have happened, but as they say in the
article - they didn't believe that at that small school in Finland either:

http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2007/11/07/517492.html

I hope you are OK and don't miss 'rugbrød' too much.

/Vidar