[Air-L] have I discovered a new disease?

nsenga at mediom.qc.ca nsenga at mediom.qc.ca
Sat Jan 19 17:00:00 PST 2008

""
Recently I have noticed that both heels of my outer palms have become
uncomfortably irritated -- the result I am sure of having them on the
keyboard's palm rests for 10 hours at a time.

The solution: I am trying to lift my wrists up so that only my fingers
touch the keyboard. And I will be taking a break at the Social Network
conference, this Tuesday thru Sunday.

But I am wondering if this is a new phenomenon, or others on this list
have experienced it. I do like Thinkpads for reliability and keyboard
feel, but I notice that their palm rests are a bit rough.

 Barry Wellman

""

This precisely is the sense of my query a while ago, whether some of you
on the list may also be investigating the encounter of (internet) hardware
with users.

Is there any research work currently being undertaken on this topic?

Francois
Montreal