[Air-L] have I discovered a new disease?

Denise N. Rall denrall at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 20 13:56:40 PST 2008

Dear ailing AIR-ers -

This is a useful publication:

Egoscue, Pete (with Roger Gittanes) 1999. Pain free at
your PC. New York: Bantam Books.

He insists that carpal tunnel is only a symptom,
rather than the cause. He's got 45 minutes of
exercises included (per day).  At least if one did the
exercises, one wouldn't be typing . . .

I have all had forms of RSI including (no one wants
this one) frozen shoulder. Brought on by the PhD
thesis coupled with knitting and crochet for
relaxation. Two years later it is almost cured through
a medical intervention, 4 months physio coupled with a
strong swimming program and massage. Overall, I
recommend massage once every two weeks. It stays in
check most days, but not all . . .

There is also the dreaded 'mouse shoulder' described
John Dvorak - I got rid of that by using a trackball.

Cheers, Denise

Denise N. Rall, PhD
Southern Cross University, Lismore NSW 2480 AUSTRALIA
Tues: Room T2.17, +61 (0)2 6620 3577 Mobile 0438 233 344
http://www.scu.edu.au/schools/esm/staff/pages/drall/
Virtual member, Cybermetrics Group, University of Wolverhampton, UK
http://cybermetrics.wlv.ac.uk/index.html

      Make the switch to the world's best email. Get the new Yahoo!7 Mail now. www.yahoo7.com.au/worldsbestemail