[Air-L] have I discovered a new disease?

Dominic Pinto dominic.pinto at ieee.org
Wed Jan 23 08:59:44 PST 2008

I co-authored an office design and ergonomic work guide whilst at
British Telecom c. 1983/4. We (in the Furniture and Fittings Policy
Group, if you can believe it) thought it was moderately successful -
having been received well around the company.

One essential 'rule of thumb' was to get the seating height and geomtery
right as well - and watch good professional concert pianists - who hold
their body, arms wrists and hands just as described by Danah, above the
keyboard not 'slumped' down.

You might well rest your hands and palms, as I do from time time, on
padded rests, but never rest them whilst you are working on the keyboard.
<snip>