[Air-L] Online social networks for scientists

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck at iastate.edu
Wed Jan 30 14:02:12 PST 2008

Colleagues/

I would appreciate learning of Any and All Online Social Networks for Scientists for potential profiles in my SciTechNet(sm) Blog

[ http://scitechnet.blogspot.com/ ]

SciTechNet(sm) is devoted to describing and documenting online social networking services in the Sciences and Technology.

Regards,

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

There is Nothing More Powerful Than  An Idea Whose Time Has Come
Victor Hugo
[ http://www.blogger.com/profile/09093368136660604490 ]

Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows ...
[ http://www.alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/ ]

>>> David Brake <d.r.brake at lse.ac.uk> 1/30/2008 5:01 AM >>>
I know this comes a little late but in reference to a press release
posted here earlier...

>  BioMedExperts (http://www.biomedexperts.com) -- the first
> online social network of its kind to improve collaboration among
> researchers and therefore advance medical science.

I think that Nature's network http://network.nature.com/ probably has
a better claim to this title (cheeky since I am sure the people behind
biomedexperts knew about it).

It tends to be hard science dominated (as you might expect) but might
be worth a look for some of us either to use it or to study it.
---
David Brake, Doctoral Student in Media and Communications, London
School of Economics & Political Science
<http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/media@lse/study/mPhilPhDMediaAndCommunications.htm

Also see http://davidbrake.org/ (home page), http://blog.org/
(personal weblog) and http://get.to/lseblog (academic groupblog)
callto://DavidBrake (Skype.com's Instant Messenger and net phone)