[Air-L] Fair use analysis

greenhow at umn.edu greenhow at umn.edu
Sat Jan 19 15:07:46 PST 2008

Hi Pam and Bill,

I've come across questions similar to the ones you are posing. Here is an
online interactive tool that might be useful to guide understanding of the
four Factors of Fair Use, help weigh them, and make a good faith,
documented fair use decision (with printable PDF to document your process).

http://www.lib.umn.edu/copyright/checklist.phtml

Here's our recent article on Fair Use Decision-making which you may find
useful:
http://innovateonline.info/index.php?view=article&id=443&action=login

Cheers,
Christine Greenhow