[Air-L] have I discovered a new disease?

Dominic Pinto dominic.pinto at ieee.org
Wed Jan 23 15:25:18 PST 2008

Francois

Good posture, seating, etc is still worthwhile. I use a sit/kneel chair,
for example, recommended for the back.

On the human factors side - user interfaces if you will - oh yes, lots
done in designing the equipment around ourselves. I worked on the user
interfaces WG (I think we called them trailblazers) of the European
Smartcard Charter some years back. A lot of good work on developing
guidance, with a lot of people putting time in. But we never got
sufficiently highly rated (other than technically) to fund further work
directly. Tho' I think it was fed in and used thru CENELEC woorkshops or
some such.

I can't answer tho' for internet researchers - but suspect there's a lot
out there who aren't on the list orking in this area.

All the best

Dominic