[Air-L] AoIR Copenhagen - Need participants for roundtable panel on crowdsourcing

Daren Carroll Brabham daren.brabham at utah.edu
Tue Jan 29 16:12:20 PST 2008

Hello everyone,

I'm putting together a proposal for AoIR Copenhagen to do a roundtable discussion panel on the topic of crowdsourcing (see:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowdsourcing).  So far, I have rounded up three of us to form a panel, but would ideally like to add one or two more people to this discussion if possible.  I know there are very few people specifically studying crowdsourcing, but if you are researching various aspects of any of the exemplar cases of crowdsourcing (e.g., Threadless, iStockphoto, InnoCentive, user-generated advertising contests) or if you are researching issues of digital labor, open source production, Web 2.0, or other related issues, I'd love to hear from you.

Since it's a roundtable panel, I'm putting together the narrative proposal, so if you're interested all I need from you is a) your name/institution/contact information and b) a few sentences about what you're researching that is related to crowdsourcing.  Contact me off list before February 5:  daren.brabham at utah.edu

The three of us committed to this panel proposal are:

1.  Jeff Howe, Wired magazine - he coined the term "crowdsourcing" in 2006 and has a book coming out about crowdsourcing
2.  Karthika Muthukumaraswamy, Temple University - she is researching instances of crowdsourced journalism
3.  Daren Brabham (me), University of Utah - I'm researching motivations of the crowd in crowdsourcing applications as well as capabilities for the model beyond business applications

cheers,

db

---
Daren C. Brabham