[Air-L] Call for Participation -- DIAC-2008 / OD2008

Tom Erickson snowfall at acm.org
Thu Jan 31 12:20:35 PST 2008

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

Directions and Implications of Advanced Computing Symposium
                         and
Conference on Online Deliberation

Sponsored by Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility
and UC Berkeley School of Information

Partners: National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation (NCDD)

University of California, Berkeley
June 26 - 29, 2008
http://www.publicsphereproject.org/events/diac08/

DIAC-08 combines CPSR's 11th DIAC symposium with the third Conference
on Online Deliberation. The joint conference is intended to provide a
platform and a forum for highlighting socio-technological
opportunities, challenges, and pitfalls in the area of community and
civic action. Technology enhanced community action ranges from
informal communities of practice to democratic governance of formal
organizations to large social movements.

We are especially interested in technology development that is
already being tested or fielded. We are also interested in
theoretical and other intellectual work that helps build
understanding and support for future efforts. In addition to
exploring social technology, we must at the same time understand and
advance the social context of technology, including its design,
access, use, policy and evaluation, as well as intellectual
frameworks and perspectives that inform technological as well as
social innovation including requirements, case studies, critique and
self-reflection, and infrastructures for future work.

For more detail see the complete call for participation at:
http://www.publicsphereproject.org/events/diac08/

Research papers are due February 15, 2008
Demonstration and Workshop proposals are due March 15, 2008
Tom Erickson
http://www.visi.com/~snowfall/