[Air-L] One-year visiting positions at Rutgers University

Craig Scott crscott at scils.rutgers.edu
Thu Jan 10 23:08:35 PST 2008

---------------

One-year positions for 2008-2009, rank open

Position description: The Department of Communication at Rutgers, The
State University of New Jersey invites applications for several one-year
visiting positions (rank open, with ABDs considered for the Assistant
level). The main area of specialization we are seeking to address is
Mediated Communication (Mediated Communication includes the social
contexts and consequences of new technologies such as wireless
communication, Web 2.0 and the Internet; for our purposes it does not
include traditional mass communication and broadcast or print media.) We
will also be considering applicants in our other core areas of
Organizational Communication, Social Interaction, and/or Health
Communication.

Major departmental initiatives at the intersection of these areas
include the Center for Mobile Communication Studies, Center for
Communication and Health Issues, and the Center for Organizational
Development and Leadership. For more information, see
http://www.scils.rutgers.edu/communication/communication-department.html

Qualifications: Ph.D. in Communication or related social science
discipline preferred, evidence of teaching excellence, and a research
program that includes scholarly publications and conference presentations.

Salary is competitive and commensurate with rank and qualifications.

Application deadline: Application review will begin January 28, 2008 and
will continue until all positions are filled.

Application Procedure: Please send a letter of interest, curriculum
vitae, and names of three references to:
Professor James E. Katz, Chair
Department of Communication
4 Huntington Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1071
(For further information contact Prof. Katz at j.k at rutgers.edu)

About the University: An AAU member and Research-I ranked university
with more than 50,000 students on three campuses., Rutgers was
established in 1766, making it the eighth oldest university in the U.S.
Rutgers-New Brunswick is the largest campus and is conveniently
proximate to both New York City and Philadelphia. Rutgers is an Equal
Opportunity Employer.