[Air-L] Glossary: new media + journalism

Niels Hendriks niels.hendriks at mda.khlim.be
Thu Jan 3 06:35:54 PST 2008

Some days ago I sent a message to this list to ask for help in preparing a
course on the opportunities of new media for journalism students.

I wanted to create a glossary with relevant terms.

I wish to thank Julian, Kath, Ismael & Alex for their suggestions.

This is the glossary so far. If you have any new suggestions do not hesitate
in replying. I will send updates as the glossary grows…

Citizen media editor
Citizen journalism
Weblog
Rss
Mash-up
Podcast
Youtube
Social bookmarking
Web2.0
Social media
Online community
Folksonomy
Social networking
Tagging
User generated content
Wiki
Gatekeeper vs Gatewatcher
CAR
Twitter
Vlogging
Digg
Second Life
Mobile internet
ubiquitous computing
privacy
participative democracy
reputation
intellectual property rights/ creative commons
smart mob
flickr
photoshop
geotagging