[Air-L] "IRL (In Real Life)" donating proceeds to WGA strike relief fund

Tuszynski, Stephanie stuszyn at UTNet.UToledo.Edu
Fri Jan 11 14:02:01 PST 2008

Hi everyone -

We were discussing the WGA strike last week and it occurred to me that as an independent filmmaker and writer, I could actually do something productive with my own work to benefit the people being hurt the most by the strike.

For the duration of the WGA strike (and we all hope it doesn't go on too long) I will donate $5 out of the royalties for every disc sold through our CreateSpace e-store to the Motion Picture and Television Work Stoppage Relief Fund. This is money that would otherwise go into my pocket, because we're selling the DVD directly and didn't work with a studio or a production company. The Relief Fund is set up to help the crewpeople in the industry who are losing work because of the strike.

All the details are on the new homepage for my website:
http://www.dlfilms.com/index.html

The press release on the subject is here: http://www.dlfilms.com/irl/pr_strike.doc

(Other PR info and background is available at: http://www.dlfilms.com/irl/index.html

Cheers.