[Air-L] WGA strike

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 3 18:00:11 PST 2008

I need to know more of where this thought comes from...

On 3-Jan-08, at 5:07 PM, Michael Baron wrote:

> There are currently many Web writers who do not happen to be
> memebers of the
> Writers Guild.

There are now two sets of web writers

professional web writers

and

others who are not WGA union members

this seems to be the rest of us who like me may belong to other unions

but where does that leave the level playing field of web writing?

Where does that leave all of the blogger.com and geocities web services?

Where does writing for wikipedia fit in?

Where does the HTML authors guild fit?

Peter Timusk B.Math(2002) BA (2006)
Tel: 001-613-729-8328
Community Informatics Practitioner
Email: ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Yahoo ID: crystal_computing
Skype ID: peter.timusk

Nothing I write is intended to be representative of my employer, or
our clients. Nor do I alone speak for my unions.

Feel free to learn more about me at www.crystalcomputing.net
Computer ethics studies at www.webpagex.org
blogs http://logbook.crystalcomputing.net <- computers
http://notebook.webpagex.org <- school work