[Air-L] Religious Dimension of Sustainable Development

Christian Nelson xianknelson at mac.com
Thu Jan 10 06:04:58 PST 2008

>   I use "religion" in the general sense of a personal relationship
> with God by anyone who believes (as I do) that there is a God.

This is a sociologically and historiographically narrow understanding
of religion, even for the Christian tradition, which you seem to be
narrowing in on. Within the Christian tradition, the notion of a
personal relationship with God didn't really arise until quite
recently (last couple centuries at most), and is mainly limited to
the charasmatic and fundamentalist traditions, though it seems to
have become more widespread in the past couple of decades.
--Christian Nelson