[Air-L] What is web culture?

Pam Brewer brewerpe at appstate.edu
Fri Jan 18 08:20:06 PST 2008

This thread is very interesting to me as I am writing my dissertation
looking at challenges in international virtual workplaces.  My focus is
on the back and forth communication of the workplace.  Much of the
discussion here dichotomizes the concept of web culture: there is one
culture or there are two cultures.  I have collected most of my data at
this point and am just beginning to analyze it, but it seems to me that
online culture and f2f culture are both strikingly similar and
strikingly different.  That statement may sound too broad to be useful,
but I think it conveys significant truth.  Online communication modes
shape and are shaped by culture.

I would like to refer to this thread in my analysis as you all have made
some excellent points.  May I ask your permission to do so?

Best Regards,
Pam

Pamela Estes Brewer
Lecturer